Tips for brewing better
brew guide - Phoenix70
To brew a perfect cup of coffee do you need geometry. Phoenix70 is not only minimalist and stylish, which sprung from a futuristic interior magazine, it is also designed to support a paper filter. By changing the angle of the filter from the more traditional 60 degrees to 70, the time when the coffee is in contact with the water resulting in a more complex extraction.
15 g of coffee.
250 g of water
Brewing time: 4-5 minutes
1. Rinse through the filter - To avoid paper flavor, and to heat the jug that the coffee should be brewed in. Do not forget to pour out the water collected at the bottom of the jug, it is a classic first-time mistake. According to the creators of Phoenix, Saint Anthony Industries, you do not have to rinse the filter, but we like to do it anyway.
2. Put down 15 g of coffee in the filter - and smooth out the surface of the coffee. Use fresh new furnishings and to invest in a mill so that the coffee can be ground directly on the brewing. Use wave to weigh both water and coffee.
3. Moisten the coffee with a bit of the water - Put Phoenix with filters on a pitcher. Place everything on the scale and reset before you start pouring. Be sure that the water has the right temperature, about 95 ° C. Then pour on 50 g of water. This will increase flavor, smoothness and experience. Everything gets better if you are careful when you brew coffee.
4. Stir around in the coffee - Think of hot chocolate: If you mix the chocolate powder with all milk directly, it is formed mass lumps. Instead, if one mixes with half of the milk, stirs around, and then pours on the rest of the milk, all powder is mixed with the liquid. The same thing you want to achieve here with the coffee.
5. Fill 50 g of water - Pour the water into a circular motion clockwise to follow the shape of the filter. Start in the middle and work out in circular movements.
6. Repeat until you reached 250 g - The coffee should be brewed evenly, as soon as brewing stops, it is difficult to control the brewing. Continue to replenish 50 g of water every 30h second to you reach the total amount, 250 g.
Dosing your filter coffee
The basic rule when we should be brew and dose coffee is to use 6 grams of coffee on deciliter water. Whether you dispense for bridge coffee, French Press, Chemex, V60 or Aeropress, you can use these guidelines. Here is a simple chart showing how much coffee we can use per deciliter water.
The best filter coffee
Although it is an automatic machine, there are tricks to brew the best cup of coffee. We have divided our recipe into three different levels, so you will find something that suits you and the equipment you have at home, but also for you to dare to try something a little more advanced!
Perfect for those who tired of big machines, want a small coffee maker with them on the trip or embodiments, or simply just want a really good cup of coffee.
Find your new favorite coffee
- Single Origin.
- FILTER COFFEE
A series of high-quality filter holders such as coffee decorators worldwide tribute to their outstanding properties. The slope of the cone, the large hole in the bottom and the screwed ribs along the edges provides a perfect brewing and a phenomenal cup of coffee.
Too many a quick, bitter and tough kick in the morning. For others a sensitive product with fine, healthy flavors. A bridge method that opens a world of flavors, competitions and techniques.
This is the bridge method where form meets function, style meets taste and experience meets eye candy. Equally loved for his appearance as for his way of brewing coffee. The ability to brew down the same carafe as the coffee is served in makes it alone in its kind.
This timeless and elegant drink has now been seated in the flavor world light. There is no counterpart. We drink our match classically as well as hot or cold with milk.